PBR Art Contest Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. YOU MUST HAVE INTERNET ACCESS TO ENTER. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. PROMOTION DESCRIPTION: The PBR Art Contest (“Contest”) begins on July 1, 2017 at 12:00 AM Pacific Time (“PT”) and ends on October 1, 2017 at 11:59 PM (PT) (“Promotion Period”). The Contest requires eligible entrants to submit a photograph of original artwork (the “Entry”) in one of three categories; PBR Art Can, 2D, or 3D (each a “Category”, as further defined in section 3 below). At the end of the Promotion Period, one (1) Grand Prize (as defined below) winner will be determined in each of the three Categories from among the eligible entries via judging by the Sponsor. Entry in the Contest does not constitute entry into any other promotion, contest or contest. By participating in the Contest, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with, abide by, and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Pabst Brewing Company, LLC, 10635 Santa Monica Blvd., Ste. 350, Los Angeles, CA 90025 (“Sponsor”), which shall be final and binding in all respects.
2. ELIGIBILITY: Open only to legal U.S. residents who are twenty-one (21) years of age or older at time of entry. Employees of Sponsor, its parent company, affiliates, subsidiaries, prize suppliers, advertising and promotion agencies (“Promotion Entities”) and wholesalers, suppliers, distributors and retailers of alcoholic beverage licensees (collectively, “Licensees”) and immediate family members (spouses, parents, children, siblings, and their spouses) and/or individuals living in the same household as employees of Promotion Entities and Licensees are not eligible to participate. Void where prohibited by law.
3. HOW TO ENTER: There is one method of entry: Online. No other method of entry will be accepted. To enter the Contest during the Promotion Period, go to http://pabstblueribbon.com/art. Follow the directions to complete the online Contest registration and upload the required photo of your original artwork as created by you (the Entrant). You must complete the Contest registration in order to enter. Follow the online directions to upload your original Entry into one of the following three Categories.
•Entries accepted in the PBR Art Can Category can be submitted using the ‘Blank Can’ submission form that can be found on and downloaded from the http://pabstblueribbon.com/art submission page. Entries in the PBR Art Can Category must be the original work of Entrant. Submitting an Entry in the PBR Art Can Category does not guarantee that Entrant’s Entry will be used on any PBR Art Can.
•Entries accepted in the 2D Category must be two-dimensional pieces of artwork and are limited in size to a maximum of 15 square feet. Entries in the 2D Category must feature the Pabst Blue Ribbon beer can or logo and may be created via one or more various types of media, including but not limited to sketches, paintings, digital media, photography, tattoos, or murals. Entries in the 2D Category must be the original work of Entrant.
•Entries accepted in the 3D Category must be three-dimensional pieces of artwork and utilizing Pabst Blue Ribbon (“PBR”) packaging or other PBR branded items, including but not limited to empty cans, empty bottles, cartons, or other packaging. Additional secondary materials may be used as support, framework or accent. Entries in the 3D Category are not limited by size or shape, but cannot exceed 20 lbs. in weight. For clarification, entrants are not required to only use PBR packaging (or other items with PBR); however, PBR should be the focal point. Entries in the 3D Category must be the original work of Entrant and the uploaded entry photo of the artwork must not be altered in any way.
Regardless of which Category an Entry is submitted: (a) all Entries must feature the Pabst Blue Ribbon (“PBR”) beer can or logo and the submission image must be at least 4” by 5” or 2400 x 1800 pixels in size, and any files uploaded must not exceed 2MB in size, and (b) Sponsor, at its sole discretion, may move Entries into any of the three Categories in the event the Entrant has not properly entered and/or uploaded an Entrant to the correct Category. Contest registration and entry into the Contest is free. Entries submitted in this Contest should not already appear on any other promotional website or otherwise have been previously published in any media including books, magazines or other publications; and cannot have been entered into any other promotion. Entrants must have sole ownership rights of the Entry. By submitting an Entry, entrant warrants and represents that he/she consents to the use of the Entry in the Contest, and to its posting on the Internet in connection with the Contest. Entrants must complete all data requested on the online entry form.
All online Entries must be received by October 1, 2017 at 11:59 PM (PT). Incomplete Entries are void. Limit one (1) Entry per person, per day, per Category but each Entry must be significantly different from previously submitted Entries. For purposes of this Contest, a “day” is defined as any consecutive twenty-four (24) hour time period during the Promotion Period starting at 12:00 AM (PT) and ending at 11:59 PM (PT). All Entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
In the event of a dispute regarding any Entry, such Entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the Authorized Account Holder of the email address submitted at the time of Entry, provided that person meets all eligibility requirements set forth in these Official Rules. “Authorized Account Holder” means the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Entrants may not participate with multiple e-mail addresses, nor may Entrants use any device or artifice to enter multiple times as multiple Entrants. Any Entrant who attempts to enter with multiple e-mail addresses, under multiple identities or uses any other device or artifice to enter multiple Entries will be disqualified from participation in the Contest and all Entries submitted by that Entrant will be void. Only fully completed Entries are eligible. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. Sponsor is not responsible for any change of mailing address, email address, and/or telephone number of Entrants.
All Entries must be original works, never been previously published or won an award, must not infringe on any third party rights, and may not include content which is offensive, violent, derogatory, sexually suggestive, obscene, defamatory, or contain explicit language or imagery or is otherwise unlawful or inappropriate for publication. All related decisions regarding appropriateness of an Entry are at the sole discretion of Sponsor.
By entering the Contest, the Entrant gives the Sponsor and its partners the right to use, edit, or publish the Entry in any form, manner, or media and for any commercial or non-commercial purpose, without further compensation and winner irrevocably assigns and transfers all rights, title and interest in the submission to the Sponsor, and, if required, will sign any documents necessary to transfer copyright and rights of publicity. Winner may have to certify that their Entry was original and produced by the entrant and no other person or entity holds rights to Entry.
4. JUDGING PHASE: Winning Entries will be selected on or about February 1, 2018 from among all eligible Entries received by Sponsor, whose decisions are final and binding. Winning Entry will be selected at Sponsor’s offices at 10635 Santa Monica Blvd., Ste. 350, Los Angeles, CA 90025. Sponsor will judge the Entries in each Category based on the following judging criteria: Overall creativity and artistic expression (50%); originality (25%); and ability to capture the essence of the PBR brand (25%). A Grand Prize winner will be selected in each Category according to the criteria above solely by Sponsor and at Sponsor’s sole discretion; Sponsor has final say in selecting the winners.
Winners will be notified by phone, mail, overnight courier, and/or email at Sponsor’s discretion. Sponsor shall have no liability for any winner notification that is lost, intercepted or not received by a potential winner for any reason. If, despite reasonable efforts, a potential winner does not respond within seventy-two (72) hours of the first notification attempt, or if the prize or prize notification is returned as unclaimed or undeliverable to such potential winner, such potential winner will forfeit his or her prize and an alternate winner may be selected. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, will attempt to contact up to three (3) potential winners of a prize in accordance with the above procedure, after which the prize in question may go unawarded if it remains unclaimed. If any potential prize winner is found to be ineligible, or if he or she has not complied with these Official Rules or declines the prize for any reason prior to award, such potential prize winner will be disqualified and an alternate prize winner may be selected.
5. PRIZES/APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES (ARV)/ODDS: One (1) Grand Prize is available in each of the three Categories – One (1) Grand Prize winner in the PBR Art Can Category will receive a $10,000.00 cash prize (or gift card equivalent) and a chance to design the official 2017 PBR Art Can (ARV $10,000.00). One (1) Grand Prize winner in the 2D Category will receive a $10,000.00 cash prize (or gift card equivalent) (ARV $10,000.00). One (1) Grand Prize winner in the 3D Category will receive a $10,000.00 cash prize (or gift card equivalent) (ARV $10,000.00).Total ARV of all prizes $30,000.00. Gift card is subject to the terms and conditions associated with its use. Odds of winning depend on total number of eligible entries received for the Promotion Period. All applicable federal, state, and local taxes, fees and surcharges on prizes are the sole responsibility of the prize winners. Where applicable, winners will receive a 1099 tax form for the actual retail value of the prize won.
6. GENERAL: Potential Grand Prize winner may be required to sign and return a notarized Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release including the recording of their social security number (for tax reporting purposes – as required by law) and, where permitted by law, Publicity Release within ten (10) days after first notification attempt. If prize notification or prize is returned as non-deliverable, prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected provided there is sufficient time remaining to award the prize. No correspondence will be acknowledged. No cash equivalents, substitutions or transfer of prize permitted except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in the event that an offered prize is unavailable. Prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion. This Contest is governed by the laws of the United States and is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Promotion Entities will have no liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by any prize or resulting from acceptance, possession, use and/or misuse of any prize or participation in the Contest or any prize-related activities. Acceptance of a prize shall be construed as and signify the winner’s agreement and consent that the Promotion Entities and Licensees may use the winner’s name, image, voice, likeness and/or prize information, without limitation, for promotional purposes without further consideration, review, approval or payment, unless prohibited by law. Winners also grant the Promotion Entities and Licensees the right to use and publish winners’ names and states of residence online, in print, and in any other media in connection with the Contest. By participating in this Contest, entrants agree to be bound by the Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer or in administration of the Contest
7. LIMITATIONS AND RELEASES: Any attempted form of entry into the Contest, other than the entry method stated, is prohibited. Promotion Entities are not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, mutilated, or illegible entries or for electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware, software, electronic, network, telephone or other communications malfunctions, errors or failures of any kind, errors in transmission, lost or unavailable network connections, telephone connections, wireless device connections, web site, Internet, or ISP availability, unauthorized human intervention, traffic congestion, incomplete or inaccurate capture or entry information (regardless of cause) or failed, incomplete, garbled, jumbled or delayed transmissions which may limit or restrict a participant’s ability to enter the Contest, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s phone or computer, or other matter relating to or resulting from participating in this Contest or downloading any materials in the Contest. If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest, the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest; and award the prizes via random drawing from among all eligible non-suspect entries received up to the action taken by the Sponsor provided a sufficient number of eligible entries have been received. Caution: Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent of the law.
By entering, entrants release and hold harmless Sponsor, the Promotion Entities and Licensees, their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees, attorneys, agents, and representatives from any and all liability for any injuries, loss, claim, action, demand or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with access to and use of the internet site http://pabstblueribbon.com, the Contest, or any prize won, any misuse or malfunction of any prize, participation in any Contest related activity, or participation in the Contest.
As a condition of participating in this Contest, entrant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively, before a court of competent jurisdiction located in Los Angeles, CA, which court shall apply the laws of the state of California without regard for rules of conflicts of law. In any such dispute, participant shall, under no circumstances, be entitled to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys’ fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (if any) associated with participating in the Contest, and participant hereby waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
9. WINNER’S LIST: For names of winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope by April 1, 2018 to: PBR Art National Contest, Attn: 10635 Santa Monica Blvd., Ste. 350, Los Angeles, CA 90025.
®, © 2017 Pabst Brewing Co., Milwaukee, WI